With pretty much the entire world watching Tidying Up with Marie Kondo, it seems fairly obvious that cleaning and organizing is a popular topic worldwide. In fact, before the show became all the rage on Netflix, I blogged about how her book The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up had some interesting ramifications for the field of real estate. You see, in her book, she talks about how you should scrutinize everything and only keep those things that bring you joy—despite the fact that many items that don’t bring you joy might be personal mementos from years gone by or from loved ones.
There is something rather freeing about decluttering a home, a room, or an office space.
It’s nice when our clients tidy up before we list their homes, and it is very nice and refreshing to come into an office that is free from clutter and excess paper. To that end, I’ve created a list of 10 really cool gadgets that will help you to increase your productivity and improve the overall ambiance of your office space.
Productivity Gadgets You Need Right Now
- Hercules Tuff Charging Station. Instead of having cords strewn across the floor and devices sitting everywhere, I just love how this charging station can accommodate mobile devices and tablets all in one place—and it has the USB connectors built in!
- Upright Go Posture Trainer. Even though agents are out and about all day, there is also a fair amount of desk time. If you don’t want to end up with declining posture as a result, this posture trainer has received rave reviews and is definitely worth a try.
- Youmi Multi-Function Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Wood Speaker with Built-in Clock. I love the mix of vintage and modern in this really cool speaker. Of course, you can use it to check the time and temperature and also to listen to your audio books and music.
- Airpods with Wireless Charging Case. If you don’t have these yet, they are definitely worth every penny. We gave them as holiday gifts last year, and everyone who received them was super excited. No more knotted cords at the bottom of your work bag.
- Echo Dot. Admittedly, I use this piece of tech to set all sorts of reminders. “Alexa, remind me in one hour to X. Remind me in 15 minutes to Y.” Using this device is a really great way to stay on task and excellent for anyone who time blocks.
- PhoneSoap 3 with UV Phone Sanitizer and Charger. A must for germ-a-phobes and just about anyone who ever thought about exactly how many germs are probably living on your cell phone. How cool would it be to just throw your phone in and know that it was sanitized?
- SOG Multi-Tool. A few years back, one of our agents had clients who accidentally locked their keys (and their baby!) in the car. Our agent came to the rescue because he had the right multi-tool in his trunk. While remote door unlock features are now available in an app, a multi-tool has so many uses for agents!
- Fujitsu Scansnap Scanner. I’ve been using this scanner for years now and it is by far the best, quickest, and most efficient one I’ve ever had. We’ve gone through a handful at the office, and none of the bigger ones has come close.
- KeySmart Pro – Compact Key Holder w LED Light & Tile Smart Technology. Are you one of those people whose keychain weighs like 10 pounds? Well, if so, and if you aren’t changing your keys often, this might be the tool for you. Just think how organized your bag (or your pocket) will be with this key holder!
- Satechi F3 Smart Monitor Stand with 4 USB 3.0 Ports and Headphone/Microphone Extension Ports. I’m jonesing for this right now and trying to decide whether to take the plunge. I just love the clean lines and all the USB ports right up front. Since I use both a laptop and an extra screen, I’d put this below my larger screen. If I don’t order it now, it’ll be on my Xmas list for sure!
I’d be interested to hear if you have any tech tools or productivity gadgets that have made your life easier and your office cleaner and more organized. If you’ve got one, let me know and I’ll add it to my list!
Last but not least, if you are (or previously were) a regular follower of my blog and you’re wondering where I’ve been, click here.